Opening Day of the '10 Shed Hunting Season

Posted by Scott Mensing | Posted in , | Posted on Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bo and I were able to get out of the house for a couple hours this morning and run out to one of our new properties from this past season to shed hunt and pull a stand.  We usually don't start shed hunting until February but with the potential of trespassers on this property and the fact Bo will probably be having a little boy in the next week or two, we decided we'd better get out there and see what we can find.  Not ten minutes out of the truck, Bo found this matched set laying right next to each other.  It will be fun to watch this young buck mature and see how the matching inside kickers develop over the years.


















Five minutes after picking up his first set of the year, Bo came across this small shed.



















Then finally I spotted my first sheds of the season.  I had to take a couple looks at these in the binoculars before I realized what they were.  I couldn't believe that both Bo's and my first finds of the year were matched sets.



















The last shed of the day Bo and I both saw it at the same time but he was able to yell "shed" just before me so he got it.  I think we both stared at it for 5-10 seconds before we realized what we were looking at.



















And finally a picture of our opening day's finds.  Unfortunately we didn't find anything huge, but bone is bone.  All and all it was one of our better shed hunting days.



















The amount of buck sign on this property is really good.  Here are a couple pics I took of a trail with a fresh, huge buck track and some rubs.


























Comments (0)

Post a Comment