A Little String Music

Posted by Scott Mensing | Posted in | Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010

This past weekend, Bo and I got a chance to do a little target shooting to make sure our bows are still sighted in and everything is ready to go for the Missouri turkey opener this week.  Unfortunately, we cannot get out into the woods until Friday morning, but hopefully the long wait during the week will be worth it.  Luckily for Bo, he's all ready gotten the monkey off of his back with a great Kansas thunder chicken he took a couple weeks ago.  However for me, I've been itching to get back into the woods since January and I needed to make sure my sights point true.

After a few small adjustments, a broken "D" loop and a fat lip, we are as prepared as we can be for Friday morning.  Bo, I'll do you a favor and not post the video of your "D" loop breaking during draw back and you smacking yourself in the mouth......I am sorry to laugh, but man, that had to hurt!  All in all, it is hard to beat spending a beautiful day outdoors with good friends, while shooting your bow.

Friday morning cannot come soon enough.....

































































































Comments (8)

  1. I think we need to see the video for proof.....

  2. No, no, the video need not be shown. The bad thing is I knew it was bound to happen but had been putting off tying a new one. I didn't think you were even going to mention it, Scotty?

  3. Hahahaha! How could I not mention that! Other than us busting out the center circle of the target, that was pretty much the only excitement we had all morning. The funny thing is that you knew it was going to break that morning...unfortunately it broke, but luckily it didn't break when we were chasing turkeys.

  4. I vote for posting the video too...a little humor never hurt anything?

    Scott...you shoot with one eye shut?

  5. I know I have both eyes open when I release my arrow. I must have been just centering the target in the sight....not really sure. You sure do learn a about your technique when you start seeing pictures and video of your form.

  6. I beg to differ, Chad. In this case, a little humor most definitely hurt!

  7. Scott...I'm the same way....center it with an eye closed and then shoot with both open...I've really concentrated on this in the last year and it has helped my accuracy.

    We need to go out turkey hunting and put together and dual blind set up with two cameras to film multiple angles. Let's Git 'R' Done!

  8. Well at least post a picture of the aftermath of the break...

Post a Comment